Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2016 14:12:30 -0500
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Subject: Re: Stus-List 33-2 - what's in the fridge?
From: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
CC: capt...@gmail.com

My boat worker colleague thinks they are worth the extra $$.  Like I said, I
bought an Isotherm.  I didn't seriously consider the Technautics units because
of price.  I looked hard at the FrigoBoat and Isotherm units.  Both seem to be
highly regarded.

I just wanted to make the list aware of the Technautics units because they are
apparently very good, have excellent technical support and have very low amp
draw.  Whether or not they're worth the price differential, who knows?

I think the bigger decision when considering refrigeration is whether to
install a traditional evaporator type unit or a cold plate type unit.  There
are advantages to each particularly if you turn the system off when you leave
the boat for a few days.

Touche's Isotherm cold plate unit takes quite a while to cool down but once it
does, I think it works very well.  We sometimes give it some help by throwing a
bag of ice in the bottom of the box.  It's been holding temps of 37-38F easily.

If you want a quick cool down day sail type system perhaps an evaporator unit
is better.  My perception is that they cool the box quicker.

Dennis C.

On Wed, Jul 6, 2016 at 1:16 PM, Richard N. Bush via CnC-List
<cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:

 Dennis; the Technautics are about 3 times the prices of the other two
units...are they that much better?

Richard

1985 C&C 37 CB; Ohio River, Mile 584.4;

Richard N. Bush