From: CnC-List <cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com> on behalf of Josh Muckley via
CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Sent: Monday, July 11, 2016 11:33 AM
To: C&C List
Cc: Josh Muckley
Subject: Re: Stus-List Forestay Stem Fitting / Chainplate Replacement

I would try to sand/polish the plate clean and smooth before moving forward.
Work from 200 grit all the way up to 1000 or 2000 and then hand polish.  You'll
be amazed at how much more you can tell about the area of concern.  It could
just be a place where a steel cable deposited iron in the metal and that is
what is rusting.  You see the same thing happen on SS cabels where they've been
cut or swaged.

As for machine shops I'm sure there is one closer to you in Annapolis but I
have a guy around the corner from me.  I use him all the time.  Does complete
one off design and repair.  Harry Langley at "The Machine Shop" in Lusby MD.

PM me for more info.

Josh Muckley
S/V Sea Hawk
1989 C&C 37+
Solomons, MD

On Jul 11, 2016 10:28 AM, "Aaron Rouhi via CnC-List"

I came came back from a nice day of sailing in great winds and decent weather
(usual for Chesapeake in July) and was washing down the hull when I noticed
that the Forestay Stem Fitting / Chainplate is not looking so good. Here is a
picture:

http://i.imgur.com/sjBAFoy.jpg

Not sure how I missed this...  Anyhow, It needs to be replaced. The Stem Plate
is bolted through and they are all accessible. Has anyone does this before? Do
you have a machine shop in Annapolis area that you have used before (besides
Kato)?

Here is another picture of the setup:

http://i.imgur.com/OmUdstE.jpg

Cheers,