Like others have said, it's probably the flapper valves.  However, it could
be the sealing surfaces have corroded if it's an alloy pump.  If that's the
case, you're in it for a new pump.  You probably won't know until you take
it apart.

If it's an alloy pump, coat the sealing surfaces with TefGel before
re-assembly.

Dennis C.

On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 7:33 PM, Jeremy Ralph via CnC-List <
cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:

> The manual bilge pump on my 1978 34-1 isn't working.  I believe it's
> original.
>
> My thinking is there must be a leak somewhere and I need to find that to
> get the suction working. I'm thinking of taking off the hose at the pump
> and ensuring there is suction there.  Then replace the hose and ensure a
> good seal.
>
> Any words of wisdom from the group on this?
>
> Thanks,
>   Jeremy

> like what we do, please help us pay for our costs by donating. All
> Contributions are greatly appreciated!

greatly appreciated!