Yes, took the boat for a sail as soon as the new pump was installed.....15% to 20% heel on both tacks.....dry 'bowel'.

In fact, when I emptied the bowel of water (dry bowel switch) with the old pump, water would seep back into the bowel to probably 'water level' or 'sea level'. Now with the new pump, the bowel is virtually dry and stays that way.....just a few ounces of water the new pump can't possibly pick up and discharge.

Well worth the investment and effort.

Rob Abbott

On 2016-07-26 3:40 PM, Pete Shelquist via CnC-List wrote:
Did it fix the original problem?

-----Original Message-----
From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of robert
via CnC-List
Sent: Tuesday, July 26, 2016 1:29 PM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: robert
Subject: Stus-List Plumbing Related

Recently, on port tack, my 'head bowl' was filling and overflowing with sea
water.....wasn't completely sure whether it was a faulty 'choker valve'  or
the valve in the 'shut off' lever....had to be one or the other, probably a
faulty valve in the 'shut off' switch.

Trip to Binnacle to check out possible solutions to the problem.....simplest
way to address it was to get a whole new Jabsco pump assembly for $100.

One hour labor in total install new pump..... disconnect 3 hoses from old
pump, 4 screws in the base, screw new pump into place, connect the 3
hoses.....one of the easiest boat jobs I have experienced.

FYi for anyone having a similar problem.

Rob Abbott

AZURA

C&C 32 - 84

Halifax, N.S.

what we do, please help us pay for our costs by donating. All Contributions
are greatly appreciated!

greatly appreciated!

greatly appreciated!