From: Jake Brodersen via CnC-List<mailto:cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Sent: September 5, 2016 14:00
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com<mailto:cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: Jake Brodersen<mailto:captain_j...@cox.net>
Subject: Re: Stus-List Marine Batteries

Kevin,

I have been using Optima Blue Top batteries for a long time.  They are an AGM
type battery.  The initial cost is higher, but the service life is outstanding.
 I only have two batteries, but I alternate using them when we race so they
both get exercised.  I have one that is now exhibiting signs of failure, as it
won’t maintain a full charge.  It is probably 6 or 7 years old and still works.
 I was just able to start the battery after being out on the Bay for five hours
last weekend.  I prefer the AGM batteries as they won’t outgas into the cabin
as they age.  No user serviceable parts though… :(

I put a pair of Diehard AGM batteries in my Suburban.  They were priced well
and I may go that route this time.  Since my boat batteries aren’t a matched
pair, I can change one at a time.

Jake

Jake Brodersen

C&C 35 Mk-III “Midnight Mistress”