Ugh- forgot to edit the subject line. sorry all.
Dave.

Welcome.  Make sure you Check the water level in the cells, and then load test
the batteries.

Any good quality flooded, deep cycle marine style will work fine.     Your 34
is similar in size to my 33-2 and given your desire to overnight and cruise a
bit, you may be poised on the slippery slope that I negotiated this season.   I
expect will find that the two battery arrangement as supplied is limiting,
(you protect half your deep-cycle capacity for starting)  and that any battery
capacity upgrades (should you be thinking that way) are very limited by space.
 (The guys here with multiple golf cart banks make me jealous).   It took me
awhile to figure out how to optimize this (for my use, my boat,   ymmv). and I
documented my thinking and upgrades here:

http://cncwindstar.blogspot.ca/p/blog-page.html

How about a latin/English play on words - Pax Familia ?

Dave, Windstar 33-2.

essage: 2
> Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2016 16:39:01 +0000
> From: Kevin Paxton <kpax...@paxdesigns.com>
> To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
> Subject: Stus-List Marine Batteries
>
> Hey everyone. Just recently subscribed to the list. Purchased a '82 C&C 34
> a few years ago. Been sailing it around the Chesapeake on brief day sails
> so far with the aim to have a few overnighters soon once the kids get a
> little older. We are based in Pasadena up Cornfield Creek. I'm lucky enough
> to have a community dock with slips that are real cheap. :-)
>
> Anyways, both of my group 27 batteries got completely discharged since the
> last time I checked them. So I need to either determine if there is any way
> to salvage them or decide on a new set of batteries. Any suggestions on
> good batteries or ones to stay away from? Is there any gain to trying to
> revive them?
>

> They power a Yanmar 3gm30f and I haven't had any issues with starting them,
> but keeping them charged for any amount of time has been challenging. So
> I've been thinking of getting one that is a dual purpose and the other a
> true deep cycle for use as a house battery. What kind of combinations do
> others have?
>
> Thanks!!
>
> Kevin
> '82 C&C 34 #473?
> Japhy's Spirit (needs a rename, thinking 6 Pax, family of 6 Paxton is last
> name)
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
>

> End of CnC-List Digest, Vol 128, Issue 25

greatly appreciated!