I take my tack to a block just aft of the furler. I also have a wide web that
wraps around the furled headsail and keeps the tack near centerline. Ease the
tack as you get further downwind.
Halyard definitely at the mast. Yes, use the outer halyards. On a three-halyard
masthead only the "wings" can be used for the spinnaker, but all should work
for the white sails.
Cheers
Andy

Andrew Burton
61 W Narragansett
Newport, RI
USA    02840

+401 965-5260

> On Sep 9, 2016, at 18:06, Dave via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:
>
> Just ordered my cruising chute from Rolly Tasker in Thailand and am looking
> forward to trying it out.. Probably next season.   Have flown my symmetrical
> a few times singlehanded.
> Considering how to do this on Windstar and am curious about how others have
> addressed a few things:
> -Halyard at cockpit.   In this case it might make sense to have halyard at
> mast - this way halyard, and spin-sock can be dealt with together.
> -Halyard at masthead.  On the 33-2 there are three halyards available, all
> are in-masthead sheaves, parallel to each other .   I currently use the
> centre one for the Genoa, and any other halyard chafes its neighbour on one
> tack.
> -Tack downhaul.   There isn't one forward of the furler drum.  The downhaul
> itself can be rigged using the spin-pole downhaul line, fair leads and
> cleats, but the fixed, forward tack is a problem to be resolved.
> Many thanks for any guidance!
> Dave - Windstar 33-2
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
> This list is supported by the generous donations of our members. If you like
> what we do, please help us pay for our costs by donating. All Contributions
> are greatly appreciated!

greatly appreciated!