Bruno - would very much appreciate photos of the sprit and masthead, and Mike,
great suggestion on the camcleat- best of both worlds.   The many  replies to
my original post are full of great detail, I will summarize and post to my blog
when I get a moment.
I have a sock for my symmetrical, it works well, and have one on order with my
new A sail.   I think that would be the starting point, rather than a furler.
Those flying sail furlers are sexy but spendy and I already have plenty of
lines in the cockpit.  Like you Bruno, short or singlehanded will be the rule.
I haul out on Sept 26, and hope that my sail gets here in time for one use
anyway....

greatly appreciated!