Kevin,
We do this at Raritan Yacht Club once a year for one of our long distance
(20 mi) races. We require sign up one day in  advance and figure ahead the
handicap times for that distance. Pick an easy starting GPS time ( 11:00
hrs or similar) and set each boats star accordingly. The race committee
assists by verbally counting down the last few sec for each start.  Any
boat that starts prior to their time gets a 5 min penalty for each part of
a minute they are ocs. The finishes are very interesting.
Tom
33-1

On Mon, Oct 10, 2016 at 7:16 PM, Kevin Driscoll via CnC-List <
cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:

> Has anyone been organized and been Race Committee for a 'Pursuit Race'
> <http://www.sailmagazine.com/racing/pursuit-racing-a-great-way-to-start/>
> before? I am curious how you went about it.
>
> Obviously there is some calculation of start times in relation to each
> boat's rating. These are our contestants
> <http://www.regattanetwork.com/clubmgmt/applet_registrant_list.php?regatta_id=13452&custom_report_id=2>.
> I figure there will be three starts. 1 for the 'Level' racers, 1 for 'No
> Score' racers, and another for PHRF, i.e. the Pursuit racers. This is the
> first race in our winter series, which runs till March. We thought we might
> kick it off with a fun race format. Thanks for your input!
>
> Kevin
> 30-2

> like what we do, please help us pay for our costs by donating. All
> Contributions are greatly appreciated!

greatly appreciated!