Cat’s Paw was hauled out 3 days ago and there are clusters of barnacles in
several places, although most of the hull is virtually clear of growth. One
cluster is on the thru hull ports for the depth sounder and speedometer (which
was replaced during the summer with the plug when it stopped working). Is this
caused by a barnacle-friendly surface of these units? Can the  surface be
painted with antifouling paint to avoid this? The other picture is growth
around the inlet and outlet of the washbasin in the head, but in that case not
just where the holes are but in the vicinity. Any thoughts about what causes
this and how to avoid it? Here’s the link:
 https://www.dropbox.com/sh/44pjga1qixliadz/AACVsjFhGwprwuDydjV-yF5Xa?dl=0

Eric Frank
Cat's Paw
C&C 35 Mk II