it only doubles the fibers....   ;-)

Leslie.

On Thu, 10/27/16, Josh Muckley via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:

 Subject: Re: Stus-List Boat Handling Skill
 To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
 Cc: "Josh Muckley" <muckl...@gmail.com>
 Date: Thursday, October 27, 2016, 6:47 PM

 Funny you should mention
 a midships cleat.  My wife has been begging me for a
 midships cleat/solution of some sort.  I finally had some
 time and made some amsteel loops that I luggage tagged onto
 the toe rail at the midships position.  I tie my mooring
 line to it with a sheet bend.  The amsteel is rated at
 ~9000 pounds and the loop doubled over quadruples the number
 of fibers carrying the load so I feel very confident that
 the loop is not the weak point in the system.  When I'm
 done using the loops  they just live there on the rail
 until next time.
 Josh
 MuckleyS/V Sea Hawk1989 C&C
 37+Solomons, MD