saw on the S2 I referred to, it appeared to be a custom weld of a cleat onto a
metal base. Thanks,
Graham

    On Thursday, October 27, 2016 10:23 PM, Tom Buscaglia via CnC-List
<cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:

 Graham
Like this?
http://www.fisheriessupply.com/johnson-marine-toe-rail-folding-cleat-48-510

Tom BuscagliaS/V Alera 1990 C&C 37+/40Vashon WAP 206.463.9200C 305.409.3660

On Oct 27, 2016, at 7:26 PM, cnc-list-requ...@cnc-list.com wrote:

Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2016 01:18:07 +0000 (UTC)
From: Graham Young <grahamyoung...@sbcglobal.net>
To: "cnc-list@cnc-list.com" <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Subject: Re: Stus-List Boat Handling Skill

I was recently thinking of adding a mid-ship cleat to my C&C for just this
purpose, but did not like the idea of putting it through the deck. ?Was
recently aboard an old S2 that has a slotted toe rail a lot like C&C's. ?The
owner had added a mid-ship cleat with a sideways, U-shaped flanged base (if you
can imagine it from that description) that was bolted through the toerail. ?Had
never seen a cleat with that kind of base before. ?It seemed like a nice
solution.?Graham YoungS/V Spellbound1981 C&C 32