Bridge Yachts  of Port Dover, ON is a terrible boat brokerage firm. I would
never recommend them to anyone, and they should not be in the boat brokerage
business after what I just went through. In fact, they should not be in any
business.

I purchased a C&C 33 mark 2 from them earlier this year and everything that you
could think of going wrong went wrong. Upon receiving the boat from them last
May, I immediately discovered that the boat had a bent propeller shaft. I then
had to spend over $2,000 to make the boat seaworthy.

Upon communicating with Bridge Yachts who had prepared the boat for
transportation, I was told that they were not responsible for the condition of
my boat upon delivery. They told me that it was “my problem to fix the bent
propeller shaft” and that I “either sue the marine survey who did not detect
the problem” or “pursue the boat owner” (whom they were representing) for
selling me a damaged vessel.

They happily took their broker fee for the sale of the boat (a healthy amount,
might I add), and they charged me double of what they quoted me verbally for
preparation of the boat.

I tried to reason with them and get them to drop the preparation charges after
giving me such a horrible experience. However, after 5 months of avoiding legal
action, they now seem bent on extracting this money from me by legal means yet
still maintaining their position of no responsibility for selling me damaged
goods.

Their lack of accountability is disgraceful and they seem to be completely
unreasonable when dealing with their customers.

Robin Drew,
Montreal