Persuasion is not listed yet but in anyone is interested they can contacted me
off list.  Latest survey spring of 2014.  Cruiser not a racer.  Well I've never
raced in the 10 years I've owned her.

Seriously one of these days I'll have to make a list of all the upgrades and
maintenance I've done.

Mike
PERSUASION
www.persuasion37.com
C&C 37 K/CB
Long Sault

> On Nov 23, 2016, at 10:48 AM, Jerome Tauber via CnC-List
> <cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:
>
> With all this discussion of boats for sale I would like to let the list know
> that my 27-V 1986 is for sale on Long Island NY.  Very nice boat.  You can
> see listing at http://m.sailboatlistings.com/view/61767
> I am looking to move up to a larger boat 35+ to 41 feet so if anyone has one
> for sale let me know.  Jerry J&J
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On Nov 23, 2016, at 10:37 AM, Phygital via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> By the way... I dealt with bridge yachts in the last few weeks on my last
>> search.
>>
>> Survey Failed (according to what I'm looking for), but I had a decent
>> experience. There's always the feeling of "did they know more"... some
>> experienced buyers see a problem (especially if structural), as a big
>> negotiation point. Brokers don't know off hand what the buyer is willing to
>> accept. It's an it of a crap shoot for them as well.
>>
>> Owner got a quote from boatyard and asked the broker to see if we would
>> still be interested if repairs were done or deduct the amount from agreed
>> price if I chose to do it myself or another boat yard.
>>
>> We declined, in part thinking resale, but mostly it was the thought of "is
>> it safe" that would always be in the admirals mind (you know who I mean)...
>>
>> I slept well that night :).
>>
>> You gotta feel good about your boat. A good friend and lister (Christian),
>> told me... when you buy the boat "It's Yours"... whatever you discover
>> afterwards "it's yours". Hard, but really great advice.
>>
>> Nothing negative to say about BY. I'm still in touch and they now know I'm a
>> serious buyer and exactly what I want and questions I will ask. They are
>> prepared.
>>
>> The hunt is still on.
>>

>> /J
>>
>>> On Nov 23, 2016, at 10:05 AM, Della Barba, Joe <joe.della.ba...@ssa.gov>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> If you want to know how many times I have run aground, you would be in for
>>> a long conversation LOL. I think I am at 2 or so in the last week – marina
>>> needs to dredge again.
>>> Seriously though, VERY good advice. I have had brokers email me a survey
>>> that was pretty harsh. That was putting honesty over $$ and good on them.
>>> Also note for C&Cs, we have a rather unique resource. I make no claim to be
>>> a surveyor, but I could find C&C 35 MK I issues in 10 minutes 95% of
>>> surveyors would never catch. A long term owner of your proposed purchase
>>> could do a once-over and save a lot of time and money.
>>> Joe
>>> Coquina

>>> 2. Did you accept the results of the survey without a sea trial?