From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Richard via
CnC-List
Sent: Friday, December 02, 2016 18:53
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: Richard <bushma...@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Stus-List Short handed sailing; sail selection - now lazy jacks

Dave, thank, I would really like to see what your design looks like!

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 2, 2016, at 6:31 PM, Dave Godwin via CnC-List
Richard,

I’ve never had lazy-jacks on any of my boats but have just given my new rigger
a detailed set of drawings for a 3-leg lazy-jack system that allows me to pull
on one line which will pull all the lazy-jacks tight to the mast while sailing.
I really, really hate the idea of lazy-jacks and/or a topping lift rubbing
against my mainsail. Just the way I roll I guess.

That said, these days, having the ability to drop a mainsail/ fake it and cover
it fairly quickly makes my wife very happy…

If you’re interested, I can send you a copy of the design.

Best,
Dave Godwin
1982 C&C 37 - Ronin
Reedville - Chesapeake Bay
Ronin’s Overdue Refit<http://roninrebuild.blogspot.com/>

On Dec 2, 2016, at 4:29 PM, Graham Young via CnC-List

I'll third the sentiments of Marek and Kevin.  I have a Stack Pack/Lazy Jack
set-up and it is really nice equipment, but if I had it to do over again I
would probably just get the lazy jacks and save the money for the pack.

My lazy jacks turn on blocks on the spreaders and the lines then run to turning
blocks at the base of the mast and then run back to the cockpit.  So the jacks
can be loosened from the cockpit and allowed to dangle near the mast when
raising the main/sailing and then pulled tight when it is time to lower the
main.  They also have the option for someone to go forward and clip them down.

Graham Young
S/V Spellbound
1981 C&C 32

On Friday, December 2, 2016 3:47 PM, Marek Dziedzic via CnC-List

btw. it is enough to move “away” (to the mast) only one side of the lazy jacks
for hoisting the main. If you move the starboard side, you steer a bit off the
wind (wind from the port bow) and the sail does not touch them.

Marek