I switched to an asymmetrical with a retrofit bow sprit. I'll never gybe a
symmetrical chute again.

After the first gybe with the new setup, my crew confessed that used to
dread when the boat turned downwind.

For everything to work well on a dip gybe you need 7. Now I can fly the
chute and gybe with as few as 2 crew.

In light wind we sail the angle we probably should have sailed with the
symmetrical. In heavy air we can sail pretty deep.

Eric

C&C 34/36