Welcome aboard. Nice boat ;-)

I have tried a few things for the mast wedges. Last year I purchased a small
roll of heavy rubber floor mat
from Princess Auto ( was on a bulk roll, cut a minimum 1' off ). I cut it into
two pads since I have a hold down
clamp on both sides. They are a snug fit covering the front and rear of the
mast up the sides to the clamp.
Worked well, stayed in and did not crush but allowed a small amount of motion.

For a hatch replacement the two main choices are Acrylic and Polycarbonate. I
would guess Acrylic is a
common choice, I have worked with a small shop locally on a few projects. They
do boat work including
large windshields, small stuff like instrument panels.

If interested contact Dale here:

http://www.acryliccustomdesign.com/

They have a high end flat bed laser cutting system and Acrylic specific
machining tools. They can make
stuff from drawings if required.

Michael Brown
Windburn
C&C 30-1

From: Kevin Deluzio <kevin.delu...@gmail.com>

Hi,
     I?m in the first year of owning a 1980 C&C 30 Mk1, (- love the boat -) and
I have a couple questions that I am hoping some of you may be able to help me
with - thanks in advance.

First - mast wedges
     The boat came with about 3 or 4 wooden wedges about 1? x 2? x 4? that were
wedged between the mast and the mast collar where it went through the deck.
They were falling out most of the season. I am told that the original design
had 4 wooden wedges that countered the mast to fill in the entire 360degrees
around the mast. Is that true? What is a best way to replace these - Spartite ?

Second - hatch lens replacement
     The V-berth hatch lens was cracked and leaking last season. I have removed
the lens and plan to replace it myself. Hoping that the supplier can cut the
new one to shape using the old as a blank, or I have access to a bandsaw to do
that part of the job. What?s the best material for this - Acrylic? Any advice
from others who have done this job before?

thanks
Kevin

Kevin Deluzio
1980 C&C 30