Sent: Saturday, December 31, 2016 9:43 AM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: Kevin Deluzio
Subject: Stus-List mast wedge and hatch lens

Hi,
I’m in the first year of owning a 1980 C&C 30 Mk1, (- love the boat -) and I have a couple questions that I am hoping some of you may be able to help me with - thanks in advance.

First - mast wedges
The boat came with about 3 or 4 wooden wedges about 1” x 2” x 4” that were wedged between the mast and the mast collar where it went through the deck. They were falling out most of the season. I am told that the original design had 4 wooden wedges that countered the mast to fill in the entire 360degrees around the mast. Is that true? What is a best way to replace these - Spartite ?

Second - hatch lens replacement
The V-berth hatch lens was cracked and leaking last season. I have removed the lens and plan to replace it myself. Hoping that the supplier can cut the new one to shape using the old as a blank, or I have access to a bandsaw to do that part of the job. What’s the best material for this - Acrylic? Any advice from others who have done this job before?

thanks
Kevin

Kevin Deluzio
1980 C&C 30