See the attached Practical Sailor article to make a value based decision on
the type of line you use.  I have gone to all rope halyards in 3/8" size.
I love Yale Crystaline.  It is awesome to work with, super strong, ultra
low stretch, light weight, extremely weather resistant, and it even
floats.  The only negative I have to report is that it is very slippery.  I
need a full drum of wraps and a hand to tail it with on my self-tailing
winches.  It also takes some care when transitioning the load from the
winch to the clutches.  Truth be told I think there is a spring broken or
lose in the clutch.

I've also used Sampson Warpspeed with a great deal of satisfaction.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B8pEh5lnvP1ySGpOTUdGRW9xdzQ

While your changing the halyards consider the following piece of advice
which I found somewhere on the internet.

"I was taught (by an English race crew) that Mainsail controls are always
green, jib sails blue and spinnakers red. Halyards are solid colors and
sheets, outhauls etc. flecked or with tracers. (By following this
convention, crews are able to move from boat-to-boat without having to be
re-educated.)"

Also when considering how to terminate your halyards a core to core eye
splice will seem sexy and appealing but the resulting thickness and
stiffness of the taper can be problematic when going around the turning
block.  I prefer a double overhand on itself knot.  I do accept the
drawback that removal will require a knife.  It is a small price to pay and
the tail probably needed freshened up by that time anyway.  A smaller
amount of rope is lost making and cutting away a double overhand knot than
that of a core to core eye splice.

http://www.caves.org/section/vertical/nh/46/doitie.html

Josh Muckley
S/V Sea Hawk