Randy,
I have nothing but respect for the Coast Guard.  A small branch of the
"military" with a big job, but now under the direction of Homeland Security,
not the Defense Department. Many in the CG are not happy about that.
Like all military branches, they employ a huge number of civilians.  The Navy
in Key West, where we spent 8 years living on our trawler, has about 3.000
active duty military and over twice that many civilian employees to run its
operations there.
The people running the documentation office are Coast Guard, but the majority
of the workers are most probably civilians.
Respectfully,
Henry J. Evans III  CDR. USN (Ret.)M/V Queen Ann's Revenge

    On Sunday, February 5, 2017 7:54 PM, RANDY <randy.staff...@comcast.net>