Solar Fans:

I considered adding some Lewmar opening ports, till I noticed many cruisers had
solar fans installed thru them.  So I added two solar fans instead of ports,
one over the Galley, and one over the Ice Box which are the highest points on
the cabin.  They made a huge difference.  I added one to the head and replaced
the one on the foredeck hatch so the boat has four fans.

http://www.defender.com/expanded.jsp?path=-1|6880|2290139|2290144&id=1193043

The other thing that got rid of the boat smell, was cleaning the bilge,
removing all of the grime, and painting it with bilgecote.   I only did the
middle of the boat, but that's where the water collects and what a difference
that made.  No more boat smell.

Chuck
Resolute
1990 C&C 34R