Every dinghy is a compromise, but IMO an 8' - 6" with inflatable floor and
keel and 2-3.5 hp is the best of all worlds.

You will appreciate the smaller / lighter engine every time you have to put
it on or take if off the boat. We have a 4hp 2-stroke, which is much
lighter than a 4hp 4-stroke, and still I wish it were a bit lighter and
easier to take off/put on. No one will be happy with you if you are moving
around an anchorage faster than a 2 hp can manage anyway. For stowing on
deck or rolling up for a locker you can't beat it.

No one should be towing anything offshore and davits on a pretty C&C 110
would break my heart. 2 cents of course.

KD

Kevin Driscoll

Associate
Vallaster Corl Architects, Inc.