I'm at the age where motor light-weight is more important to me than dink
speed. I picked up two used Johnson/Evinrude 2 cycle 1.2HP(!) motors (~$300
each, often advertised as 2HP), and love the 28 lbs lift up to the rail.
They're fast enough for patient dinking on a 10" inflatable and an 8'
Walker Bay, and in larger waves I've added a little row power once or
twice. Only caveat is the carb jet is very tiny and easily clogged, so you
need to add a $5 autostore gasoline in-line filter as well as prefilter the
fuel mix when you fill the little tank (don't ask how I learned that)....

Nate

C&C30-1
Tartan 31