Hello All
New owner of a 1981 25 MKII. Stumbled across this group while doing my research.
As the season nears i've been rummaging through bags and bags of "stuff" that
came with the boat, trying to acquaint myself with what I've got. It came with
an old trashed dodger but no bimini.
One of our top priorities is a bimini as i am  fair skinned and turn the shade
of a cooked lobster rather quickly when exposed to any kind of sun. Our local
canvas maker said that based on his specs, we would only be able to use a
bimini covering the area aft of the boom while sailing because of the height of
the boom. A connector to the dodger could then be added while at anchor.
Can anyone tell me the height of the boom on this model? (We bought this boat
at the end of the season last year and the mast was already down)
If indeed it is too low, has anyone raised the boom or shortened the leech to
get the additional height for a bimini to be usable?
Thanks for any advice you can provide.
Sandy1981 C&C 25 MKIILake Ontario