Hi Jacob

Some of us have installed anchor windlasses in the anchor locker, if you like I
can provide details.

Graham Collins
Secret Plans
C&C 35-III #11

On 2017-03-26 1:20 PM, jacob fuerst via CnC-List wrote:
Currently I do not have a windlass on the boat. The anchor locker and lid takes
up the entire bow beyond the vberth.

In order to place the vertical rope to chain windlass on the deck requires
placing it above the vberth and running a channel for the rode back into the
locker. Additionally this would mean cutting into the liner inside.

There are holes in the bulkhead where there appears to have been a shelf bolted
inside the anchor locker but going only to that seems very weak. I'm thinking
now of reinforcing the bulkhead and sort of glassing it into the sides and then
bolting a frame to set the windlass on and it would be fully contained within
the locker.

Has anyone been through this or have suggestions or notes of caution?

Jacob Fuerst
'78 C&C 36
Ventura, CA
303-520-4669