This is not to answer your question, but there is no reason to keep paint off of your depth transducer. It will not affect the performance in any measurable way. The only possible concern is that the solvents in some paints "might" attack the plastic lens. If you want to be sure about avoiding that, simply paint the transducer with a water based bottom paint. They even sell little bottles of it labled as "transducer paint". Any water based bottom paint is fine, and I painted mine with solvent based Micron Extra for 15 years with no apparent harm. I think the transducer makers put that in their instructions as a defensive move "just in case".

Bill Bina