These are not made from marinized materials. They are intended to filter fuel for a home heating system.

Bill Bina

On 4/1/2017 8:01 AM, David Knecht via CnC-List wrote:
I came across this fuel filter unit while looking for filters online. I was intrigued because I have only ever seen Racor available and they are absurdly expensive for what you are getting. It costs substantially less than Racor, has a spin on filter instead of a bowl and includes a gauge, which I think is an important upgrade. I don’t see an obvious way to bleed it and there is no visual water inspection point. But I check for water rarely, because I have never had any in all the years I have owned a boat with a visual inspection port. I also have a self-bleeding system so suspect this would not have to be bled. I know I could add a gauge to my system, but this gets it all in one neat package. Anyone had experience with a non-Racor system like this? Dave

http://www.suremarineservice.com/W11BVRK.aspx?gclid=CjwKEAjw_PfGBRDW_sutqMbQsmMSJAAMpUapkNdVKNc5sqeq0tP3Ujt5rEnixaI6CymISR_p7xJl7RoCQyLw_wcB