Joe,
I'm a big believer in bilge pumps. Pegathy has 2, 2000 gph each, on separate
float switches and separate toggle switches. I've had pumps fail many times,
for unknown reasons. More than increasing your capacity, I'd recommend
installing a spare pump with the float switch set slightly higher than the
primary pump, just in case of failure. Pretty cheap insurance, if you ask me.
Dan SheerPegathy - LF 38Rock Creek off the Patapsco