I installed a Wallas on Pegasus 10 years ago. Have been very happy with it. Now
have over 5000 hours on it still running strong. I like the Wallas because it
is quiet. Doesn't sound like a jet taking off ( I hear enough of them at work).

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE DeviceDoug Mountjoy POYC Pegasus Lf38
-------- Original message --------From: Andrew Means via CnC-List
<cnc-list@cnc-list.com> Date: 4/25/17  17:43  (GMT-08:00) To:
cnc-list@cnc-list.com Cc: Andrew Means <andrew.cnc...@gmail.com> Subject:
Stus-List Diesel Air Heaters (Webasto, Planar, Eberspaecher/Espar)
Hey all -
Does anybody have experience with buying/installing/using a Diesel Air Heater
(a-la Webasto, Eberspacher, Planar) in lieu of a propane/diesel/solid fuel
fireplace-type heater?
The Safari (1977 C&C 34) currently has an ancient forced-air kerosene
vaporizing heater that has nearly caught itself on fire multiple times when
guests (and less-informed owners) have neglected to read the impossibly complex
startup and shutdown procedure. It’s also battleship grey, weirdly shaped, and
mounted on a bulkhead out in the open. And it takes 25 minutes to give full
heat.
Originally we were thinking of replacing it with a propane or diesel fireplace
type heater a-lal Dickenson or Sig, but somebody pointed me to Diesel Air
Heaters like Webasto, Eberspaecher and Planar, and they seem like they could be
a great fit. We have plenty of room to mount one in the engine compartment, we
get near instant heat, we already have (some) ductwork run, and it would run
off our existing diesel fuel supply.
Presently I’m leaning towards the Eberspaecher/Espar Airtronic 12V
(http://www.heatso.com/eberspacher-airtronic-d2-12v-2-2kw-heater-kit/) - it’s
nearly half the price of the Webasto models. Planar seems like another lower
cost option, but apparently it’s from Russia and that makes me nervous.
Anybody used any of these? Why are Webastos $2700 and the Espars are $800?
Andrew
 --
Andrew Means
S.V. Safari - 1977 C&C 34 Mk ISeattle, WA