The light-medium will be a 155%. I considered going larger but was unable to
work out the trade offs.
With PHRF Lake Ontario there is not much of a penalty, they switched to 1
sec/mile increments on
adjustments a couple of years ago. I would see -1 FS and -2 NFS.

Even with -1 sec/mile I was unsure if I wanted to carry that for what might be
an advantage below
5 kts TWS mainly. The heavy-medium does well in light air once we get going,
better than I expected.
I am guessing that it holds its shape well in light air being a molded sail,
and at some wind speeds
the shape is as important as the sail area. If the sail cannot settle or trim
into a nice airfoil then all
you get is more drag with a larger sail.

Lake Ontario has been good for testing, hours of fluttery shifty light winds on
long races. Once we
stall out it is a whole process to start moving again, and steering too much
just makes it worse.

Michael Brown
Windburn
C&C 30-1

Date: Wed, 3 May 2017 16:53:05 +0000 (UTC)
From: "Ronald B. Frerker" <rbfrer...@yahoo.com>

When you get the light-medium will you be going to a 160% full hoist given the
heavy is 151%?RonWild CheriC&C 30-1STL