Start with Ottawa Fasteners on ROBERTSON Rd

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 19, 2017, at 7:42 PM, Marek Dziedzic via CnC-List

Hello,

My t-handle on the engine shut-off has some broken threads. When I pulled the
handle to turn off the engine, it stayed in my hand. It is a simple
replacement, but I could not find a source anywhere in Canada. I found it on
SBO and Catalina Direct, but with shipping, taxes, and after the exchange it
comes to about $60.

I considered a proper thread insert, but a kit with a dozen inserts costs about
$40.

I am thinking that there should be a way to restore the threads in a cheaper
way. I was wondering if anyone has a reasonable way to do that. I am thinking
about spreading some grease on a bolt with the correct size thread, putting
some epoxy into the hole, and threading the bolt into the handle. The idea is
that the epoxy should attach to the handle and not to the greased bolt. The
thread is 1/4 - 20.

Am I completely out to lunch? Any ideas how to prepare he bolt, so that the
epoxy won’t adhere to it?

Alternatively, if one knows of a good source, I am all ears. A tractor dealer?
Some other equipment that might use such a handle?

Thanks in advance

Marek

1994 C270 ”Legato”
Ottawa, ON