I’ve heard this as well — except usually the insurance company sells it to a
salvage company first, who then strips out anything of value to sell
separately. What you buy back will be without winches, electronics, sails, etc.

All the best,

Edd

Edd M. Schillay
Starship Enterprise
C&C 37+ | Sail No: NCC-1701-B
City Island, NY

> On Jul 14, 2017, at 11:37 AM, David via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
> wrote:
>
> I have heard anecdotally that you can have her totaled and buy her back from
> the insurance company at cents on the dollar?

>>> 11          Draft