I’d like to chime in and endorse Bruce and Chuck. I removed the idler plate
assembly when I pulled the rudder and dropped the keel some years back. I
intend to replace ALL of the system except for the quadrant which seems to be
okay. An inspection of the idler pulleys revealed some play and corrosion. It’s
a “cheap” fix that will make me feel much, much better when I’m off watch and
trying to get some sleep while underway. ;-)

Go Edson. A great group of folks.

Best,
Dave Godwin
1982 C&C 37 - Ronin