From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Al
Serrato via CnC-List
Sent: Wednesday, September 13, 2017 5:01 PM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: Al Serrato <aserrat...@yahoo.com>
Subject: Stus-List Mast Gooseneck Fitting

The metal gooseneck fitting on the mast of my '34 failed. It attaches to the
mast via 4 screws on each side. One of the two metal loops that accepts the
boom end broke off. I have only gotten one estimate so far based on the
photo I sent to my usual boatyard, of $1100, to remove, fabricate and
replace. I'm waiting to hear back from some rig shops. I haven't tried to
remove the piece myself but am guessing I won't be able to with hand tools,
and I'm worried about stripping the screw heads.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to how to repair/replace without spending
so much? Is there a market out there for used pieces like this? Any help
would be appreciated.

Al Serrato
Senza Fine
1981 '34
San Francisco Bay

Sent from my iPad

This list is supported by the generous donations of our members. If you wish
to make a contribution to offset our costs, please go to: