When I replaced the ignition switch, a simple pull on push off, I changed it
to a three position switch.
I don't think this is exactly it but close:

M-476-BX

https://www.carltonbates.com/static/catalog/products/images/PDF/M-476-BX.pdf

On the first detent out I use #1 for the ignition.. The second detent ( further
out ) still has #1 powered
for the ignition and I used #2 for the gauge lights. I normally do not light
the gauges during the
day, and may want darkness at some point at night.

I think the switch I used moves the contact material between the first and
second position so sort
of like a backup switch.

Michael Brown
Windburn
C&C 30-1

From: Bruce Whitmore <bwhitm...@sbcglobal.net>

Good point, Michael.? There is a significant difference that I failed to
mention between the in/out ignition switch and the push button, and in
retrospect it may have been the push/pull that I replaced - It's been a lot of
years, and I just replaced a different type of silver pushbutton switch on my
37/40+.?

Good insights from all,
?Bruce Whitmore

(847) 404-5092 (mobile)