From: Rick Brass via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
To: cnc-list <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: Rick Brass <rickbr...@earthlink.net>
Sent: Tue, Sep 19, 2017 10:18 pm
Subject: Stus-List Water Tanks - now source for Kracor Tanks

Long story short: both of the water tanks on my 38 have cracks in the water
fill fitting. The tanks are mold number 5060, and model number 75330 (which I
presume indicates the location of the vent, fill, and drain fittings.

The cracks radiate out from the threaded fitting. The Kracor catalog says the
fitting is a 1 ½” straight thread, but my old tanks appear to be tapered pipe
thread. Maybe a product change over the past 40 years, but I used Forespar
elbows with straight thread when I replumbed the boat a couple of years ago.

I am exploring plastic welding to repair the fittings, but I’m not real hopeful
it will work. So today I called Kracor to explore buying two new tanks.

Kracor tells me they only do manufacturing of tanks for boat manufacturers,
suggested I call the manufacturer of my boat. No retail sales to individuals. I
explained that C&C was no longer in business, and asked if they could send me
to a dealer anywhere on the east coast. Was told they have no dealer network.

Help!

There have been a number of recommendations to buy a Kracor tank over the
years. Has anyone actually bought one? And if you have, where did you purchase
the tank?

Rick Brass
Imzadi  C&C 38 mk2 #47
la Belle Aurore  C&C 25 mk1 #225