The new furler owners manuals often advise supporting the furler in a
manner that will facilitate draining to prevent freeze damage to the
extrusion.  I think this is probably also a good practice for the mast.  I
think you are going to be surprised how heavy the mast is, I would be
uncomfortable putting that much weight on the pulpits.  Build a wooden
cradle that sits on the boat and braces off the toe rail.  Probably need 4
or 5.  Your mast is probably going to be close to 60' length so be careful
how much extends out the front and back.  If you have no mast work to do
you'll probably be able to safely store it and the furler at the boat yard.

How are you getting the boat home?

Josh Muckley
S/V Sea Hawk
1989 C&C 37+