The mast for my C&C 30 MK I is about 43’ and weighs probably 200+ pounds.  Two
guys can lift it (when it’s horizontal) but not for very long and they can’t
move it very far.

When I bought the boat and moved it to my lake, we built some cradles for the
mast to lay above the deck and cabin top, on centerline, with the weight off
the pulpits (slightly visible at
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-NqAxQ6JxFTb294M1Z6N0UtV0U
<https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-NqAxQ6JxFTb294M1Z6N0UtV0U>).

Last offseason I pulled the mast out and laid it along the boat trailer’s frame
rail and a stack of blocks by the trailer’s tongue, in the boatyard.  I moved
it there on a separate long flatbed trailer, and my crew and I lifted it off
the flatbed and laid it on the blocks.

This spring the flatbed wasn’t available, so we built some 2x4 trestles off the
starboard side of the boat trailer, U-bolted to the bunk supports, and
transported mast and boat to the gin pole at the same time.  I have a 38’
trailer so we were able to do that with minimal overhang on each end.

This coming offseason I’ll pull the mast again, and transport it the same way
to the boatyard, and probably put it on blocks so it’s out of the way for hull
painting.  Drainage is a good idea.

Cheers,
Randy Stafford
S/V Grenadine