From: Violeta M Ivanova via CnC-List
Sent: Tuesday, September 26, 2017 10:47 AM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: Violeta M Ivanova
Subject: Re: Stus-List MIT's C&C custom 43 X Dimension available for free

The MIT bluewater wiki was created and is maintained by MIT volunteers. I
updated a lot of stuff last year, but have not touched it since last December.
I have not seen XD this year. I don't know how much has changed on the boat and
what was reflected on the wiki.

More importantly, if people look at the wiki for reference, the following items
will not be included with the boat:

Handheld VHF radio
Lifejackets and harnesses
Dinghy
MOB light and mount
Storm jib
Tools
Ship's supplies (nuts, bolts, wire, tape, etc.)
Jacklines
Buckets
One of the floating winch handles (one will stay on the boat)
Foul weather gear
AIS and splitter
Radar reflector
Laptop/iPads
Chart plotting tools
Canadian charts
Garmin GPS

Also, several people from the list have looked at the survey already. It seems
XD is in worse shape than I'd thought. I am no expert on boat repairs -- I have
never dealt with wet balsa core or anything like that. I am on this list
because I am learning a lot from members with vastly more experience than I
have. I very much appreciate people emailing me back with comments.

Maybe someone on the list will acquire XD and we'll read more about it, or aybe
someone else will acquire her, or maybe the boat will go to the cutter.
Speaking of which ...

How does one cut up a boat? Seriously, what do you do with a 43-foot boat, if
you want to destroy it?

I have started calling XD "it", not "she". I guess that's a goodbye.

Violeta

On Sat, Sep 23, 2017 at 1:20 PM, David via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>