From: https://www.marmuseum.ca/

Welcome to the Marine Museum of the Great Lakes

*Where is the Marine Museum of the Great Lakes? *The Marine Museum has
*moved* from the Kingston Dry Dock site at 55 Ontario St. to a new site at
53 Yonge St., at Portsmouth Olympic Harbour, Kingston. The museum ship
*Alexander
Henry* is no longer on display.

*Why did the Marine Museum move? *The Marine Museum was founded in 1975.
Originally located at 55 Ontario St. at the first federal dry dock on the
Great Lakes, the Marine Museum closed its doors at the site when the
federal government sold the property, ending the previous lease arrangement
of forty years. The museum vacated the property in August 2016.

The City of Kingston generously provided free storage of the collections
and office and exhibit gallery space at its building at Portsmouth Olympic
Harbour, beside the Kingston Marina Office. The collections have been
safely placed in storage.

*What’s next? *The Marine Museum will remain open at the Portsmouth Olympic
Harbour location and continue to maintain the collections until a new
building large enough to house a new and innovative Marine Museum is found
in Kingston. This will likely take several years.

In the meantime, the museum will is open with a new exhibit in a reduced
gallery space and will provide community outreach programming to local
schools and the Kingston community and continue to fulfill our mission.
Admission to the new museum gallery is FREE!

To read more about our* Strategic Vision* for an exciting new museum, click
*here* <https://www.marmuseum.ca/index.php/about-us/vision-2020-25>.

On 15 October 2017 at 04:55, coltrek via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
wrote:

> The Marine Museum of the Great Lakes has not been doing too good of late.
> The last newsletter I got from them talked about being booted out of their
> quarters, and I don't know if they have found another place to move to.
> That is another great resource that may be lost.
>

> Regards,
>
> Bill Coleman
>  C&C 39

The bills have started coming in for the year 2018 and have gone up again.
October will be our fund raising month.  Please consider sending a small
contribution to help keep this list running.  Use PayPal to send contribution
--   https://www.paypal.me/stumurray

All contributions are greatly appreciated!