Following Hurricane Katrina, perhaps a dozen boats that survived were abandoned
in the city run marina. Boats that only needed sails put back on to be usable.
Pearsons, Rangers, Columbias , etc. The city’s solution as to what to do with
them? Simple. Just let them sink in the slips. There they sit waiting for the
harbor reconstruction to begin so they can be raised and scrapped. Too novel
for the city to seize and sell them. 12+ years after the storm we are still
waiting for work to start. I think the hold up now is infighting over who
receives the most kickbacks out of reconstruction.

Ed Levert
C&C 34 Briarpatch
New Orleans