My setup is similar to yours - 3:1 purchase plus the self - tailing winch.
The more purchase you have with a triple block means it will take longer
for the boom to go in and out when you change direction.  Also, in light
air, you may have too much friction for the boom to go out by itself when
going downwind, and your crew willhave to push the boom out.  My boat came
with a setup similar to  Josh's, and I switched over to the present
configuration.

Alan Bergen
35 Mk III Thirsty
Rose City YC