I looked at the properties of the two types of VHB tape mentioned, and also
decided the 4991 was the best fit.  The added thickness allows for more 795 to
get behind the acrylic; and also shows for greater differences in the expansion
of the acrylic vs. the fiberglass as Doug mentioned.  So far, the replacement
has performed very well, with no leaks.

— Fred

Fred Street -- Minneapolis