Take prop manufacturers recommendations with a grain of salt.  Years ago I
requested a recommendation from Flexofold.  The rep at the time was Chuck
Angle who was highly regarded.  He said he didn't have a good prop
recommendation for my 35-1.  :)  I went with Martec.

In 2011, I repeated the request and got a recommendation for a 15 x 12.
In 2016, I again asked and they said 16 x 12.

Currently, Touche' is swinging a 14 x 14 Martec which seems a bit under
pitched (or too small a diameter).  I can run at 6.4-6.5 knots at cruise
rpm (80% max, 2450 rpm) and flat water, no wind.

On my list for next year's haul out is to measure and document (photograph)
the prop tip clearance distance.  I will also measure the hub and swing pin
location.  The swing plane for different props varies.

I think prop selection is part science, part art and a bit of voodoo.

Dennis C.
Touche' 35-1 #83
Mandeville, LA