Josh,

My sheaves seemed to be original as I could not find anything from the FO
indicating they had ever been replaced. Patriot’s mast was out last winter and
my rigger said her sheaves were fine.  They did not have a groove for wire
rope.

I think my halyards are 7/16 with a  1/2” groove.  Each winter, I pull 3/8”
messenger lines in place of the halyards.  The extra space makes it easy to
connect the messenger to the reeving eye on the halyard.  I’d suggest keeping
the 1/2" groove.

Just my thoughts,

Ron

Ron Ricci