For those that have one, do you know what kind you have?  Vetus makes a few
- https://www.google.com/search?q=vetus+vented+loop - and there are the
Forespar Marelon ones. I read some of the Vetus ones require running a vent
line overboard or to a cockpit drain, or they leak water into the boat.

Also where do you have it mounted / how high?  My mechanic suggested
mounting it as high as possible, which means running it up into the stbd
lazarette. I'm hesistant about that because our lazarette is jam packed
full while cruising (it's our only large storage space).