Some things to consider when insuring your boat:  Make sure you have fuel
spill coverage - $500, 000 or more.  Also, don't insure your boat for more
than it's actually worth.  Hull insurance is the biggest cost of your
insurance.  Finally get lots of liability insurance.  That's the most
reasonable part of your premium.  Canadian yacht clubs want us to  have one
million dollars of liability insurance, if we want to use their reciprocal
moorage.  when I asked BoatUS/Geico (my carrier) how much it would cost to
increase my liability from five hundred thousand to one million, they told
me it would increase my premium by about six dollars a year.

Alan Bergen
35 Mk III Thirsty
Rose City YC
Portland, OR