Ok, I went ahead and ordered an Abstract of Title from the USCG, and it arrived
today.

From what I see, there was Preferred Mortgage taken out in 1981 for
$182,408.40.

It is not totally clear to me. This seems high.  Maybe it included extras
and/or assumed interest.  Playing around with a mortgage calculator, I see that
a $100k mortgage at 9% interest for 15 years gives a total cost of $182,568.
But in 1981, the home mortgage rates where around 15%.  Working backwards from
a total cost of $182k at 15% interest gives a mortgage amount of $73,000.
Assuming that the original owners provided 20-25% down payment would give an
estimated sale price of  $91k - $97k.   Same ball park as what Ed noted.  The
higher price may seem more reasonable.  A search on Google shows a listing for
a 1981 LF38 for $89k and a listing of a 1983 for $110k in the Sep 1984 issue of
Yachting magazine.

Here is a summary of the USCG Abstract of Title-----

This vessel was built at Middletown, Rhode Island in 1981 of Fiberglass
by C&C Yacths, Inc. for Kiki Toro, Inc. as appears by Certificate of
Theodore A. Grant, Master Carpenter for C&C Yachts, Inc. Builder

GRANTOR                 GRANTEE         Kind                    Date
Consideration

Kiki Toro, Inc                  <owners>                bill of sale    3-23-81
        $1 and og and vc

                                                                        All

<owners>                        Horizon Creditcorp      pref. mort.     6-11-81
        $182,408.40 & interest and pomc

                                                                        All
                3-23-96         Same as total amount

-