A few more data points for you Paul,

I have the Factory Invoices for 16 of the C&C 37+ and XL showing the price
paid by the respective Dealers when they were sold new in 1988 and 1989.
These are priced in US Dollars..

The average Factory (not Retail) selling price to the Dealer of these 16
boats is *US $105,881.00.*  Add perhaps 20% for Dealer markup.

I have more invoices for 10 C&C 37+ and XL sold in Canadian dollars in the
same time period.  The average is *$140,000.00 (Can $).  Add perhaps 20%
for Dealer markup. *

I also have the Factory Invoices for 9 of the C&C 37R  showing the price
paid by the respective Dealers in 1989 and 1989.  These are priced in US
Dollars.

The average Factory (not Retail) selling price to the Dealer of these 9
boat is *US $106,494.36.*  Add perhaps 20% for Dealer markup.

I have more invoices for 4 C&C 37R sold in Canadian dollars in the same
time period.  The average is *$140,305.00 (Can $).  Add perhaps 20% for
Dealer markup.*

*I have no record of what was actually charged to the purchaser except in
one case where the boat was sold to an owner in Bermuda, directly by the
Factory it appears.  He didn't pay much more than a Dealer would have.*

*Have fun with these numbers.*

* Ken Heaton & Anne TobinS/V Salazar - Can 54955C&C 37/40 XL - Hull #
67Cape Breton Island, Nova
Scotiahttps://c-c-37-40.blogspot.ca/p/salazar.html
<https://c-c-37-40.blogspot.ca/p/salazar.html> *