All,

I don’t want to rain on people’s parade, but there are some details that are
being overlooked or people are unaware of.

1.      When it comes to “Wi-Fi”, the standard is constantly evolving.  The
latest standard 802.11ac or better utilizes both frequencies 5 & 2.4 as they
are each suited for different environments and frequency range is needed for
faster bandwidth.  Check out Wikipedia (not always an authority, but pretty
good in this case) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEEE_802.11.

2.      Be very careful piggyback on someone else’s Wi-Fi.  While there should
be some sort of statement allowing/disallowing surfing it, you could get caught
up in a theft of service, especially if you “guess” at the password and
succeed.  If you don’t have permission you could be in for an issue.  You also
don’t want to accused (rightfully or not, intentionally or not) of infecting a
system that you have “connected to” without permission.

Sincerely,

Neil

Neil Andersen
1982 C&C 32 - FoxFire

Rock Hall, MD 21661

LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/pub/neil-andersen/0/239/a36/

Save money and the environment.

Use Century Gothic font and save 30% of your ink